Perfect Winter Get-away: Hudson Valley
The winter is the perfect time to explore the Hudson Valley region. Leaf-peepers have long gone and the spring-time exodus has not yet begun. So, what is there to do?
1. Hike the Mohonk Preserve. Check out the visitor’s Nature Center for some assistance customizing the trail to your needs.
2. The Walkway Over the Hudson offers unique views without the crowds. This 1 mile walk, each way, makes you feel as if you’re flying above the river.
3. Head to nearby New Paltz to visit the boutiques and antique shops. There are plenty of places to eat, for, both, the vegetarian and the carnivore.
4. The Shawangunk Wine Trail is much calmer now. You can sit and listen to music while enjoying a glass of wine.
5. Visit FDR‘s home and museum–a wonderful experience any tmie of year.
6. DIA Beacon is for the adventurous art enthusiast. See the bigger-than-life modern installations.
7. Close to the Borland House, you can enjoy Bellabella Spa (right next door, in fact!).
8. Woodbury Common Premium Outlets–a shopper’s dream–is often a parking nightmare. But, crowds are smaller and sales are bigger.
9. For the Foodie–reservations to Montgomery”Back Yard Bistro” are even available on week-ends during the winter. (They only have 7 tables).
10 The Downing Film Center offers intriguing films down by the Newburgh waterfront. Enjoy a wonderful foreign film and then discuss it over dinner at one of the waterfront restaurants .